How much does shipping cost?
- Shipping is always on us! Each of our pieces are custom-made to order and delivered to you within 14 business days.
Is shipping insured?
- Yes! Your package is insured for the full value of your piece and a signature is required upon delivery.
Do you ship internationally?
- We currently only ship within the continental US.
Returns & WarrantyWhat is your return policy?
- At Alva, we want you to love your new piece of jewelry. Due to the custom nature of our products, we accept returns within 14 days of purchase. Engraved items are final sale. For return inquiries you can reach our customer support team at: email@example.com
What is your warranty on the pieces?
- Alva jewelry is made to last. If your piece breaks, we will repair or replace it for free within 10 years of purchase.
MaterialsWhat is the difference between “Traditional Diamond” and “Lab Grown Diamond”?
- We use “Traditional Diamond” to refer to mined diamonds that have often been used in the jewelry industry. Our Traditional Diamonds are conflict free.
- “Lab Grown Diamonds” are scientifically-grown in conditions resembling the natural formation of diamonds. They are atomically and chemically identical to Traditional Diamonds but lack the environmental toll of mining.
Are gemstones verified by a gemologist?
- All diamonds and gemstones are verified by a gemologist. Individual Traditional and Lab Grown Diamonds of over ~0.3 carats will arrive with a certificate of authenticity.
How are the metals tested for authenticity?
Gold and silver are tested using professional acids to verify their authenticity and karat level.
Jewelry Care & RepairsDo you offer repairs?
- Yes! If you need a repair please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we are happy to help. Repairs are complimentary.
- Your Alva jewelry doesn’t require much maintenance! To keep them sparkling, gemstones can be cleaned with a few drops of dish soap and warm water. You can use a soft toothbrush to lightly scrub the backs of the gems. Pearls and turquoise require a bit more protection—avoid creams, cleaning products, nail polish remover, and chlorinated water (swimming pools, etc.).
- To clean silver, place in warm water with a few drops of dish soap. Gently scrub the silver with a cotton ball. Rinse with warm water and dry with a soft cloth.
OrdersWhen will I receive my piece?
- Each of our pieces are custom-made to order and delivered to you within 14 business days.
- We are proud that pieces are custom-made to order in our hometown of Chicago, IL.
Please email our team at email@example.com with any additional questions.